I quite often have tortilla wraps in the freezer, just in case I want a “I can’t be bothered, I have two things in my fridge, and need something tasty” kinda moments!
Although I’ll be using a tomato and a mushroom, you can just use anything you have, as long as you can cook it by grilling!
What you need…
A couple of Tortilla wraps (or just one if you fold it)
Any strong cheese that melts nicely… I usually use a good mature cheddar or smoked Applewood
A couple of mushrooms
Fresh basil or coriander
Red chillie flakes ….or fresh ones or jalapeño’s
I use a Thava (check out The Lazy Man’s Kitchen) instead of grill pan..it’s just easier!
What you need to do…
1. Finely slice the tomato into discs and arrange them onto one tortilla.
2. Do the same with the mushrooms…
3. Add the basil leaves, cheese… grated or sliced.
4. Season with salt, pepper and chillie flakes.
5. Place it under the grill on a medium heat… Until the cheese melts… be careful not to burn the uncovered edges of the tortilla!
6. At this point if you are using a Thava take out and gently cook the underside of the tortilla. Place the other tortilla on top and flip the the whole thing… Cook until browned on the under side. If you’re using a grill pan, place the second tortilla on top, grill until golden, flip it and do the same to the other tortilla!
What to do next…
Sometimes I open them up, add some mayonnaise.. And put them back to together..
Cut them into to quarters and…
Eat, share and enjoy!
Reblogged this on foodmemoirz's Blog and commented:
A must try recipe!
WOW – so simple but looks so tasty!!! 🙂
Try it, it’s as tasty as it looks 🙂